The Clark School continues to rank highly in various surveys. The school maintained its place as 13th among engineering schools worldwide according to the Institute of Higher Education at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China.
U.S. News & World Report ranked the Clark School 17th in the nation and 11th among public universities in its listing of top graduate engineering schools in the U.S. for 2009.
The Clark School?s programs ranked as follows in that survey:
- Aerospace: 8th in the nation (up from 11th last year); 5th among publics.
- Bioengineering: 40th in the nation (first time on the list); 22nd among publics.
- Chemical: 36th in the nation; 24th among publics.
- Civil: 21st in the nation; 14th among publics.
- Computer: 17th in the nation (up from 18th last year); 10th among publics.
- Electrical: 14th in the nation (up from 16th last year); 7th among publics.
- Materials: 32nd in the nation; 20th among publics.
- Mechanical: 20th in the nation (up from 24th last year); 14th among publics.
March 28, 2008